My name is Marisela Balbi. I am a highly experienced graphic designer for over 20 years, graduated from the “Fundacion Instituto de Diseño (Neumann)” in Caracas-Venezuela. I have been working as a freelance graphic designer since I graduated from college, doing the most exciting projects for a wide variety of clients.
Some of the clients I have worked for are: E! Entertainment Television Latin America; major Venezuelan museums: “Museo de Arte Contemporaneo de Caracas” and “Museo Jacobo Borges”; government institutions like “Casa Nacional de las Letras Andres Bello” and “CONAC”; private publishing companies like “Editarte”; video and commercial production companies like “Cinesa Bolivar Films”; and the contemporary music festival "Atempo. Caracas-Paris".
As a next step in my career I decided to jump to the web design world and joined NAIT’s (Northern Alberta Institute of Technology) Digital Media Design program in 2008. I graduated with honors in the spring of 2010.
What can I do for you:
- Design beautiful layouts and websites using the Adobe CS4 applications: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Dreamweaver
- Add style and functionality to your website using XHTML and CSS following the W3C standards
- Design database based websites using PHP/MySQL
- Transfer files using FTP protocol
- Implement and maintain SEO campaigns
- Create CMS websites using WordPress and Drupal
- Design Email Marketing Campaigns
- Prepare documents, reports and presentations with the Microsoft Office 2011 applications
- Work comfortably on Windows and Macintosh operational system